Tuesday, July 14, 2009

VBS 2009


I decided to start writing again. Hopefully I will write more frequently then I have been.

I realized this is my 4th summer in Battle Mountain helping with VBS. It is fun to come back every year to see how much the little kids from the church have grown and to see the kids from the community come back every year for VBS. It is truly a great mission down here in Nevada. In VBS we are learning about. "The King is Coming" and how we must prepare our hearts for the day when he does come.
I am helping in the Kindergarten class again. It is a blast. We have about 16 little munchkins in our class this year. It varys from day to day. Today, our class was so big we had to send some of our kids to a different class! I am also invlolved with the skit production. The skit is about Prince Alexander and his new friend Jo who learn how to take good care of 'Covenant Kingdom' while the king is away. Jo learns about keeping promises and that though we are forgiven when we sin, there are still consequences for our actions. It really is a wonderful production and the kids LOVE it.
Today in the skit, I ( being Jo) was asked to guard the Royal crown of the Prince while he took a nap. I wasn't supposed to touch it. When I was trying to decide whether or not to put the crown on (because what would be the harm in wearing it just for a second?) all the kids in the audience were yelling at me NOT to put the crown on because I was told not to by the Prince. Of course, I put the crown on any way, but it was hard to say my lines ( and it was hard not to laugh) while the kids were yelling. It was the highlight of my day. At least they know that it's not good to take things when people tell you not to. (:
Besides that, everything is great down here in the old 'BM' ( to make that clear, that stands for Battle Mountain...)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

nooooo don't take the crown!!!

cute! i love it! love the picture too!